Sunday, March 9, 2014

Kids Fighting Cancer

This weekend has surly been a crazy one! On Saturday, LSU hosted the Susan G. Koman - Race for the Cure. Not only was I there for the 1 Mile Fun Run, but I had my first paid photography gig! Southeast Middle School hired me to capture the "Kids Fighting Cancer" team during the race and during the events. It was pretty hectic and I was a little nervous! The day went really well and they students were a joy to be around! Breast cancer hits close to home for so many people. After we lost Monique this year, I didn't know how easy being at this race would be. The race is all about celebrating survivors like sweet Mrs. Mollee! Mrs. Mollee is a 20 year survivor - she has had 2 rounds of breast cancer, Leukemia, and Lymphoma. She is one of the strongest women that I have ever met. I was honored to walk in memory of Monique and in celebration of Mrs. Mollee. For the first time in several years, Mrs. Mollee was well enough to walk the 1 mile! It definitely pulled on my heart strings to watch her walk across the finish line!

In Memory of Monique Warde
Monique and Me at her Benefit in 2012

In Celebration of Mollee Vicknair

"Kids Fighting Cancer" Team

Jon and Gary
Gary is Mrs. Mollee's son and one of Jon's friends

Mrs. Mollee Crossing the Finish Line

Jon and Me


No comments:

Post a Comment