Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day and Rugby Banquet

Well, I guess I will start this blog by summing up some recent events! So far, 2012 has been a good year filled with excitement! Most recently, we celebrated Mother's Day. Mother's Day was a very nice day. Our family spent the day in Kenner at Michelle's house where Patrick made a fantastic BBQ. He grilled tons of vegetables and steak. Mrs. Linda made the desserts ~ Cheese Cake and Strawberry Cake! YUM!! I made a salsa and an artichoke cheese cake for the appetizers. I think that everyone really enjoyed their day!
Madison, Michelle, and Blake on Mother's Day

Mrs. Linda's Delicious Strawberry Cake!!

Pat's Grilled Veggies and Steak

Mom, Michelle, Mrs. Linda, Madison, and Blake On Mother's Day

The next night, Monday May 14th ~ 

Mom, Dad, Steven, and I went to Brother Martin in New Orleans to present the James C. de Brueys rugby award! The award was named after James because he was the very first rugby player at Brother Martin to play for 5 straight years. He played from 8th grade, up until he graduated as a senior in 2006. The award was presented to a senior who has shown leadership for 5 consecutive years. It was a very nice evening and Coach did a great job with the ceremony. Mom and I made the certificate that was presented. Steven did the actual presentation and Dad got up to talk about James' rugby years. After Steven presented the award, Coach gave Mom and Dad, James' Game Day Jersey. It was pretty cool! They had a great potluck dinner after the awards were given. 
When we left Brother Martin, we stopped by Michelle's. We got to see her most recent ultrasound picture of Baby McCrary! I was so excited to see little hands and feet! SO SWEET! I am thrilled that I will be an Aunt again! 
Garrett (recipient of the award), Steven, Dad (with James' Game Jersey), and Mom

Super Cute Brother Martin Rugby Cookies!

The Award That I Made



2 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I LOVE YOU :-).
    Love,
    YO MAMA :-)

    [Is there a way to subscribe to your blog?]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Momma! I love you!! Just subscribed you.

      Delete